Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day at home

Mary is at work, which means at Middlemore Hospital. It means she has to live in an apartment the hospital has provided for her in central Auckland, and take the train from there each day -- Tuesday to Thursday. I see her in the weekends.

I had to get blood tests, urine tests. It meant having no breakfast, driving to Warkworth, joining the queue of fasting supplicants hanging around there, and getting my doctor's form in at a reasonable time of waiting. I await results. Went to the doctor yesterday -- well, to the locum for the bloke who will probably be my doctor now -- and she, a very laid back lady, seemed merely to be amused at everything. That's fine with me. They'll phone me if there is anything untoward.

So tomorrow I have a visit from maybe three old colleagues in the Presbyterian Church, which I have departed. So they are good and loyal old friends, and I will entertain them with pea and bacon soup, and fresh bread that I have made.

No comments: